Ilhan 728×90
Ilhan 728×90

Scholarship: Medical training for students from ASAL Counties

The Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC), in collaboration with the Ministry of health, World Bank and Beyond Zero Trust is offering training opportunities for a certificate course in community health nursing commencing the 2015/2016 academic year.

Students in the three counties of North Eastern region – Garissa, Wajir and Mandera among other arid and semi-arid counties will be given priority.

Successful candidates will be sponsored for the duration of the course. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.

Application guidelines

• Download the application forms here for free.
  • Duly filled application forms accompanied by legible Photostat copies of academic certificates/result slip, school leaving certificate and national identity card/birth certificate. In addition, applicants are advised to attack copies of National identity cards for both parents.
  • Candidates should provide reliable and permanent mailing address with postal codes for any future contact.
  • Candidates must submit hard copies of duly filled application forms (KMTC/QP-01) with attachments to

The Director

Kenya Medical Training College

P. o. Box 30195 – 00100

Nairobi

So as to be received on or before 23rd October, 2013.

Scanned copies of duly filled application forms and attachments may also be sent in advance to email address info@kmtc.ac.ke

Course:

Certificate in Community Health Nursing

Duration:

Two and a half years

Campuses:

Kabarnet, Lodwar, Kapenguria, Kitui, Oloitoktok, Bomet, Msambweni and Kilifi

Specific minimum entry requirements

• K.C.S.E Mean grade C- or equivalent qualification.
  • C- in English or Kiswahili.
  • C- in Biology.
  • D+ in any of the following: Maths, Physics or Chemistry

Sponsors:

RepublicOfKenyaLogo

Do you have something to add to this story? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.

Your comments:

About The Author

NepJournal is a progressive media initiative that aims to serve as the leading space where North Eastern Kenya’s leading thinkers, analysts and writers provide you, our readers, with new perspectives on all issues affecting the region.

We aim to publish daring perspectives with original content, and beautifully written pieces, to give voice to writers and thinkers so as to inform, educate and empower our people.

12 Comments

1. NELLY

hello,I come from baringo county & I applied for certificate I community nursing for asal counties.im still waiting for your positive feedback. .thank you

2. Ibrahim

hello I came from mandera I have applied for certificate in community health nursing for beyond zero and world bank am still waiting for your feedback

3. Felistus

Comment..hello,I come from kitui county I have applied for certificate in communiny health nursing am still waiting your postive feedback thankyou.

4. Rodgers Chome Karisa

Comment…hellow i come from kilifi county magarini subcounty i have applied for certificate in health nursing for beyond zero and world bank am still waiting for your positive feedback.Thankyou in advance.

5. Kelvin mwaisaka

Comment…hello,i am from taita taveta county. I applied for the schorlaship program in community health nursing and is expecting your feedback.please count me in.

6. Emase Kerio Samuel

Hello, I come from Turkana and I plied for the scholarship for community health nursing in development and shortlisting was done on 16th Feb,2016 and I have not seen my name direct me please.Thanks.

7. Ahmed

hlow am from wajir county i hv applied the certifacate of community nursing that have been sponsred by world bank but upto date i dont have any infomation about it
    plzzzzz i need feedback

8. mohamed mohamud m

am caled mohamed mohamud m i would like to join community health nursing i hve c minus in mean grade and i meet all other qualification but i have DPlain in math and chemisty instead of Dplus and iam from hardship area so please consider mr

9. judy jepchirchir kigen

Comment…,
    My sister judy jepchirchir kigen applied for but have not get any feedback how can she get the results .

10. vuramaurice@gmail.com

Hello am sorry to ask but what if you have
    C( plain) in Biology C (minus) in English and D- (mimus) in chemistry can you be considerd please?

11. Ekamais Lokale Eliud

Hello! Am lokale ekamais Eliud, I also applied for certificate in community health nursing scholarship for 2017/2018 but I have not yet received the outcomes. My query is when are you releasing the results or you already released? Am from Turkana thanks!