Applications are invited for the post of Gender and Social Development Officer II Job Group ‘J’ in the Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Services
No. of position: Ksh 210 Posts
Basic Salary: Ksh.24,662 – 29,918 p.m. (Job Group “J”)
House allowance: Paid according to the station of deployment
Commuter allowance: Ksh 4,000
Leave allowance: (once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: 2 years, Contract.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Officer will work under Officers in – Charge of a County or Sub-County of Social Development in the implementation of the National Safety Net Programme (NSNP) in a Constituency.
- Specific duties will entail targeting and registration of beneficiaries, mobilization of beneficiaries for payment.
- Capacity building of Constituency Social Assistance Committees;
- Liaising with Payment Service Provider to effect changes on beneficiary payroll;
- Compiling reports for the (NSNP) at the sub – county level; recording, acting on complaints and grievances from beneficiaries.
For appointment, a candidate must possess;
Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Sociology, Community Development, Social Work, Psychology, Anthropology, Disability Studies, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information technology, Finance, Economics, Commerce, Statistics & Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Counselling, Gender and Development Studies from a recognized institution; and Proficiency in computer applications.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2007) together with certified copies of certificates.
The Principal Secretary,
Ministry of Labour Social, Security and Services,
P.O. Box 40326/16936 – 00100,
Or hand delivered to National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Building, Block ‘A’, Eastern Wing, 5th Floor registry, on or before 4th February, 2015
Ali N. Ismail, OGW