JOB VACANCY – ACTED Area Logistics / Admin Officer Job in Elwak, Kenya.
Job Title: Area Logistics / Admin Officer.
Direct Hierarchy: Head of office.
Contract Duration: Open Ended.
Location: Elwak – Kenya
Starting Date: February 2015
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a non-political and non – confessional International NGO founded in 1993with its headquarters in Paris, France. The organization’s vocation is to save lives, assist vulnerable populations and bring hope to those in need for better future. ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the below position in Elwak Kenya.
Area Logistics / Admin Officer- Elwak Kenya
Perform key logistics and financial roles for ACTED’s programs in Somalia, as well as oversee security for its office in Elwak.
- Responsible of the fleet management.
- Responsible of the base improvement (comfortable, practical, security, ..) through rehabilitation work, furniture and equipment set up.
- Ensure that the computer and all communication equipment are functional and properly used.
- Responsible to make sure that contracts of services or procurement are relevant according to ACTED and donors procedures.
- Responsible for the assets and stock materials in the base, including monthly asset and stock inventory.
- Check field invoices to ensure ACTED procedures are followed (BAP, signatures)
- Supervise the financial follow up (cash forecast)
- Responsible to insure that cash flow between Mogadishu and El-Wak and is properly organized, and that all payments made by the local transfer companies are duly documented.
- Submit logistic, administrative and financial inputs to the Program Manager/Officer.
- Send on monthly basis to Nairobi: cash flow needs,
- Send all logistics monthly TITANIC (park statement, asset list, inventories, fleet management, …)
- Monitoring, reporting, advising on security context; attend security meeting and use both formal and informal means of communication to understand and anticipate potentially dangerous scenarios;
- In close collaboration with the Area Coordinator, the security manager and the Country Logistics Manager, support both at program and operational level the future establishment of a full team and an ACTED office in El-Wak that meets ACTED’s SOPs
- Prepare daily updates and monthly reports on the security situation and any other reports requested by Security Manager;
- Work with Elwak’s Program Officer on team’s weekly movement plans*.Will be the focal point for the security who provides the office security personnel.
- University Degree preferably in Business Administration or related field and two years experience in working with International NGOs in the similar level.
- Kenya/Somali nationals are encouraged to apply
- Motivated and create in approaches to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relationships
- Excellent communication skills, personable and articulate
- Fluent in written and spoken Somalia and English.
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Computer literate and with excellent I T Knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience in overall responsibility and accountability for the logistical and administration management of an organization;
- Good public Relations with strong negotiation skills.
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com and received on or before 17th January 2015
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.