By Farah Adan
Residents of Hadado town in Wajir west sub-county are counting their losses after the local market went up in flames today.
Cause of the inferno could not be immediately established but a section of the affected traders say the fire may have started in one of the makeshift hotels in the market where firewood is mainly used for cooking.
Helpless residents watched in disbelief as their hard earned property went up in flames.
Firefighting equipment and materials are unheard off in the area which is also known for water shortages.
The town relies on a local borehole for its water needs making it difficult for the locals to contain the raging fire.